A message from XCEL on COVID – 19
At XCEL, safety will always be our top priority. With the heightened scare of COVID-19 virus transmission, health and safety of our employees, clients, families and communities continue to be at the forefront of every decision we make. Rest assured, we will continue to monitor this rapidly changing situation by relying on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention center to provide us with the knowledge needed to protect our team and all they come in contact with.
Current safeguards we have implemented in response to the current COVID-19 situation
- Canceled in-person training
- Encouraged all employees to take care of themselves and their families
- If one has traveled to areas with known COVID cases, we recommend self-quarantining for 14 days
- If have any virus symptoms, stay home. Contact your medical provider.
- Encouraged employees capable of working from home to do so
- Eliminated all unnecessary travel for XCEL business
- Regional Managers are in daily contact with employees to assess ready scheduling, employee health risk assessments and communicate all plans of continuity between XCEL and our clients.
The XCEL Management team is in daily contact monitoring the situation. Managers are effectively communicating with their teams. In addition, XCEL’s Health and Safety Department sends regular, detailed emails updating all employees. Companywide resources shared include reminders of basic hygiene such as frequent handwashing, staying at home if you have any symptoms, social distancing when in public, links to valuable CDC information, and XCEL COVID-19 policies. Everyone understands the COVID-19 policies could change often due to new information therefore daily communication is required.
Safety has always been and will always be vital in our industry. The best way to break a ‘culture of complacency” is to be courageous enough, as individuals, to make the right decision at the right time. This defines our entire XCEL team. Decreasing the propagation of the COVID-19 virus is being taken very seriously.